Aug 13, 2022
2022-2023 Texas Tech School of Law Catalog
Doctor of Jurisprudence
The J.D. program at Texas Tech Law is designed to offer a general background in law. The goal is to provide students with knowledge and skills that will prepare them for wherever their legal careers take them. The Law School also offers numerous opportunities to focus on various areas of the law.
Texas Tech University is one of the few places in the nation that is home to a major research university, law school, and medical school all in the same location. Students benefit from this diversity of curricula by being able to pursue dual-degree programs, creating the opportunity to differentiate themselves in a competitive legal employment market by demonstrating specialized knowledge and skills in a particular area.
Information about specific degree plans are available here.
Eligibility and Admission
To ensure eligibility for any of the programs, students should consult with appropriate officials at each school before beginning coursework. Each program must accept the student before a student can participate in a dual-degree program.
- J.D./Doctor of Medicine
- J.D./Master of Business Administration
- J.D./Master of Engineering
- J.D./Master of Public Administration
- J.D./Master of Science in Agricultural and Applied Economics
- J.D./Master of Science in Accounting (Taxation)
- J.D./Master of Science in Biotechnology
- J.D./Master of Science in Environmental Toxicology
- J.D./Master of Science in Personal Financial Planning
- J.D./Master of Science in Sport Management
Texas Tech Law offers concentration programs in several areas for students who want to focus on a specific area of law. Students must complete designated courses within their chosen area and perform at a high level on a directed research project. Students who complete the requirements for a concentration will receive a notation on their transcript, signaling to potential employers that the student possesses increased knowledge and skills in a certain area. For additional information, click here.
- Business Law Concentration Program
- Civil Rights and Anti-Discrimination Concentration Program
- Criminal Law and Innocence Concentration Program
- Law and Science Concentration Program
- Biosecurity Law
- Cybersecurity Law & Policy
- Energy Law
- Environmental Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- Science, Engineering, Technology and Law
- Water Law